Submissions are open for the Publishing Genius website.
Publishing Genius’s first online journal was called Everyday Genius and it ran from 2009 – 2015. Those archives still exist at Everyday-Genius.com and are worth perusing. We even feature them here from time to time. EG was eventually replaced by Real Pants.
Now, to keep things simple, we’re going to publish cool stuff here at this website, under the “Blog” heading in the main menu, above. No set schedule. No overarching format or editorial vision. Just great writing, whenever.
If you want to participate somehow, maybe see your writing at these decidedly unhallowed pages, use the contact form below to say hello.
- Currently ONLY looking for “secondary material”—interviews and reviews and other contributions that feature literary and/or AV and/or art projects created by people other than the person submitting
- Especially interested in work that amplifies and highlights the work, life, and experience of people who live and work on the margins
- Or, just use the contact form to say hi and that you’d like to write something
- Interviews can be longer than 750 words—everything else should be shorter
- If your work doesn’t require any special formatting, feel free to paste it below. Otherwise, upload it to Dropbox
- Previously published work is more than welcome, as are simultaneous submissions
- There’s no fee to submit, payment will be offered
- Rights revert to author after publication
- Here’s an old interview that introduces the whole Publishing Genius thing
Be sure to fill out the Captcha before clicking “Submit”
Upload Your Submission
If you want to upload a submission after filling out the form, click the button below to submit your manuscript via Dropbox.