The Short Publishing Genius Story
Believing in literature’s practical ability to create sympathy and therefore a better world, Publishing Genius exists to make the best books by devoted members of the global literary community, and to make them in the most interesting and progressive ways.
Having published dozens of books of poetry and literary fiction, the press and the writing it champions has received numerous awards, been optioned for the screen, translated, and anthologized. PGP has been praised for its literary innovations in magazines from Publishers Weekly to The Believer to Flavorwire.com.
The small press was founded as a broadside project in 2006. The Baltimore City Paper named it Best Publishing House in 2009 and 2013. In 2011, Publishing Genius moved into its first office. In 2014 the office moved to Atlanta. Guests are welcome to come over for a cup of coffee or iced tea and have a chat. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set something up!
What’s next? Who knows! Adam has spent the last several years (since 2011) as a publishing consultant, helping writers and businesses achieve their goals and dreams with their own books. You can find out more about that project at GoodBookDevelopers.com. GBD is completely separate from PGP, but the work allows Adam to find out more and more about the publishing world, and naturally Publishing Genius will be informed and motivated by those new new frontiers.
Our Related Projects
- The Art of Everyone is our blog and quarterly journal.
- Everyday Genius was the online journal from PGP that ran from 2009 till 2015. After almost six inspiring years, we “pivoted” from a venue that features original fiction and poetry to …
- … Real Pants, a group blog that is focused on “Literature and the New Literary Community.”
- The Chris Toll Prize was founded in 2013, and memorializes our friend and mentor, Chris Toll (d. 2012), by publishing one chapbook a year in his honor. Submissions for this are accepted in June.
- On July 1, 2015 we launched Ebook Flights, our series for longer short work, which is available for ebook only. The first flight features fantastic fiction by Gabe Durham, Lily Hoang, and Bob Schofield.
Founding Editor: Adam Robinson (email: email@example.com)
Everyday Quarterly Editor: Joseph Young
Mktg & Pub: Melissa Thornton (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Real Pants Executive Editor: Amy McDaniel (email: email@example.com)
Michael Kimball penned our tagline, “Bigger. Faster. Reader.”
Publishing Genius Books are distributed to the trade by Ingram.
For bulk orders, including discount and return policies, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact PGP by mail, please write:
110 Seville Chase
Atlanta, GA 30328
You may also use the contact form below.
Do not mail, email, or use the contact form for submissions. Instead, view the guidelines.